Ocaklı Law Firm is a Turkish law firm providing quality legal services in a wide range of areas including foreign direct investments, international business transactions, company and real estate acquisitions, and dispute resolution.
Wide scope of services
Our firm provides legal services under two general categories, namely advisory services and dispute resolution.
Advisory services include providing legal advice, drafting and negotiating agreements, conducting due diligence reviews and preparing legal reports.
Dispute resolution services include not only litigation and debt recovery services but also representation in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution processes.
Client centered approach
At our firm, we value client relationships. We strive to learn our clients’ goals and aspirations in order to understand their legal and business needs. We focus on the value that we can create for our clients by providing services tailored to their needs.
Experienced team and wide network
Ocaklı Law Firm brings together young, talented and experienced lawyers, and further collaborates with international law firms around the world if the needs of its clients so require.
Real Estate and Construction Law
- due diligence review of the project
- drafting and negotiation of construction agreements and other agreements during the project development phase
- negotiation of loan agreements and security documents with banks and financial institutions and rendering legal advice until and after the financial closing
- providing legal advice with respect to the zoning plans
- drafting and negotiation of sale or lease agreements concerning real estates
- advising on public tenders
International Commercial Contracts
Our firm has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating a wide range of international commercial contracts including contracts for international sale of goods, distributorship, agency and franchise contracts, software development and IT contracts, hotel management contracts.
Below is an exemplary list of contract types which we have advised on:
- cross-border sale of certain goods such as fruit/vegetables, textile, vegetable oil, marble
- Contract for online services such as digital marketing, social media management, software development services
- Software development and IT contracts as well as revenue sharing agreements for online businesses
- Joint-venture agreements in various sectors such as game development, hotel operation, e-commerce and digital marketing
- Cross-border service agreements for investment advisory services, real estate brokerage services
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
Ocaklı Law Firm represents its clients before courts as well as before local and international arbitration panels. Our dispute resolution services include,
- representation of clients in institutional or ad hoc arbitration proceedings
- advising clients during alternative dispute resolution processes to reach an effective and amicable settlement
- representation of clients in dispute resolution proceedings with public and regulatory authorities,
- representation of clients in tax disputes.
In addition to the foregoing, we assist our clients in the enforcement of foreign judgments or arbitral awards in Turkey.
Corporate Law and M&A
Our Firm provides comprehensive legal services for start-ups and companies operating in e-commerce business.
Below is a list of our advisory services that we often provide in this field:
- compliance with data protection regulations,
- consumer relations management,
- drafting of corporate agreements,
- review of products and services in terms of their compliance with the law,
- agreements for integrated services with third parties.
Turkish Citizenship By Investment
We provide legal services for foreigners who seek to acquire Turkish citizenship by making an investment in Turkey. In this respect, we supervise all the procedures starting from the moment of investment, carry out all the applications and formalities, and provide advisory services throughout the application process.
- due diligence review of the project,
- drafting and negotiation of project agreements as well as loan agreements and security documents
- providing consultancy from the beginning until the closing of the transaction and assisting the client with establishing collaterals (e.g. mortgage, share pledge)
Our team consists of versatile and respected professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Our lawyers are graduates of reputable law schools in Turkey and have expertise in their respective practice areas.
The founder of the firm, Onur Ocaklı, has expertise in drafting and negotiating international business contracts, real-estate development and construction projects, and banking and finance. Having previously worked at an international law firm and a large private bank, Onur has also represented clients before courts and arbitral tribunals in commercial disputes.
Onur also briefly worked in the Netherlands as a legal consultant after obtaining his Master’s degree in European and International Business Law.